Sunday, January 4, 2009

Bob Loblaw's Law Blog

The last few nights of freedom from the drudgeries of work have been excessive. Pop quiz: What has Andy been doing with his time?

a. He's been watching the entire 3rd season of Arrested Development
b. He's been drinking lots of whiskey and pissing on alley walls
c. He's been rapping out about the cold streets of Chicago with Edward the homeless guy
d. He's been double fisting Blue Diamond BOLD Maui Onion & Garlic almonds
e. He's been hanging out with friends and their girlfriends and been quietly observing who wears the pants in said relationships.
f. All of the above

Friday night is a good example of what's been going on in my life as of late. I woke up exceptionally late that day. No particular reason. Ate a box of Zours for breakfast-- if you've never had Zours, find a local Blockbuster and scour the candy section for these delectable treats. Then I headed to the mall with James Hansen, my white knight. Ended up at Barney's and bought a $1000 Dries Van Noten sport coat for $200. By the way, the entire world is on sale.



















:::NOTE:::
I don't own a digital camera. The pictures embedded are my Google Search interpretation of the evening's events.

Then Mr. Hansen and I went over to Piano Bar to meet up with Noemerz and her pack of hoodlum friends. Of course we decided to take the Metro to be both hip and green (move out the way Jake Gyllenhaal). 


Sadly, I was not molested by a group of Japanese businessmen. I was really looking forward to it. I guess trains aren't what they're cracked up to be.









When the clock struck midnight we ventured over to Winston's in West Hollywood to pop in for a cordial "Shalom!" to Sarah Wasserman.  Winston's in itself is the perfect analogy to West Hollywood.  Its loud, pretentious, packed full of dudes and something fishy is going on in the bathroom.



Being surrounded ear to ear in a sausage fest was a bit uncomfortable. So finally we relocated to Dang Sung Sah. A shithole only the stinkiest of turds could love.  Mr. Bong Nam's birthday shindig was well under way. Enjoying a few beers with good friends is all you really need for a good night. But I'm always one for upping the ante. As I waited for a taxi with Lady T, I happened to give some homeless guy a $20 bill mistaking it for a $1 bill. But I didn't want to be an Indian giver, so I sat there talking to him for 20 minutes hoping to squeeze $20 dollars worth of entertainment out of this crazy bum. He didn't seem like the singing or dancing type. Nor did he have any funny stories. Instead, he explain the wonderfully troublesome life he's had with women. He told me he was from Chicago and give me a bunch of daps. I guess it warmed my heart a bit to know that Edward, the homeless guy, is probably smoking $20 worth of crack and having a great night.


1 comment: