Tuesday, November 23, 2010

for grandma

those of you that know me know that i lost my grandmother this past year. she basically raised me because my parents were too busy trying to make money. its strange growing up with a korean grand mother as your mother figure and bill cosby as your father figure. i find that when i'm stressed out i really want to eat rice in water and jell-o pudding pops.

i was looking for a picture in my computer of her but i realized a few years ago i lost all my files. being tech savvy i tried googling her name, "soon tek oh." no, she didn't pop up. but this guy did.




does he look familiar? no he isn't your tae kwon do sah-bun-neem. nope, he wasn't your pool cleaner ahjuhsee. no, he wasn't the pastor at your church busted for tax evasion.

here's a hint:


yes... he's the master in the seminal classic "Beverly Hills Ninja."

check him out around the :18 mark.




one day i will tell my grand children that their great grand mother's name is in the rolling credits next to liu kang and that fat white dude on s.n.l. that o.d... no, not belushi-- tommy boy.

my grandmother was a G-- R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment